Yesterday I was delighted to find myself nominated for the Beautiful Blogger Award by Anna over at Mrs Halford’s Blog. Thank you, kind lady, for making me smile. The nomination came as a complete surprise, right out of the blue, and I am therefore very touched.
The rules of the award are that if you accept it you post it on your site, choose (about) 6 people to pass it on to, and then tell ten facts about yourself that others may not know. I hope my nominees will enjoy participating too, but of course there is no pressure if you would rather not.
Here are my nominees:
- Dr Marbles at Medical Marbles. I’m living a Doctor’s life vicariously through her blog;
- Sarah at Older Mum in a Muddle, who has two blogs, one of which is an excellent source of information for the slightly older mother, and both of which were early “must follows” for me;
- Anya at Older Single Mum who has some very funny perspectives on life and motherhood, one of my favourite bloggers;
- Kate at Kate on Thin Ice, who writes supportive pieces for those of us trying to add more to our lives in the midst of the sometimes chaos otherwise known as motherhood;
- Claire at Mummy Plum who writes some beautiful, lyrical pieces about her observations on life;
- Zazzy at Zazamatazz and Ally at The Spectacled Bean, who both write thought-provoking and insightful pieces from the other side of the Atlantic.
I know that’s seven, but I couldn’t leave any one of them out. That’s the easy bit, now for the hard part; my ten things people don’t know about me.
- I am going to be fluent in French. People know I am studying it and I’ve written about it a lot recently, but I don’t think I’ve ever said I’m going to be fluent. There we are, declare and share, launch and learn.
- Being a mother is my greatest achievement. Sorry to steal that one from you Mrs H, but it is so true. Nothing else I have ever done or will ever do has or will ever come close.
- When I am up high, I always, always feel like jumping. Not because I want to harm myself, just because I get the urge to launch myself off. Therefore, I am not safe to be at the top of a mountain, or on a high balcony. I don’t think I’d ever do it, but I don’t like having that feeling. Maybe I was an eagle in a former life. Maybe I will be one in the next life.
- I wore a genuine sari, complete with bindi, at a wedding in India. One of my friends, originally from Mumbai, married a woman from Chennai and I went to their wedding. The sari came from India and I was measured up for the blouse at the side of the road and had it made up there and then.
- I am obsessed with mushrooms. I love them. They go in practically every meal.
- I have moved house 21 times and lived in 6 UK counties. I’ve wandered a bit, but been in my last place for 7 years now, although I do have itchy feet sometimes. It’s a bit more difficult to move now with a husband in a job he loves and a little chap.
- I rolled a car in a crash on the A1 and walked away without a scratch. My own stupid fault, no one else was hurt. I had a hitchhiker with me; the police gave me a hard time about that until I pointed out that he was probably in more danger from me.
- The luxury I would take to a desert island is a memory foam pillow. Nothing like a great night’s sleep to see you through the toughest of days.
- My fantasy address would be somewhere on Baker Street in London.
- I played the violin when I was a child and took all my exams without the music. This wasn’t because I was clever, it was because I forgot to take the music in with me to the exam room, so I had to do it from memory.
Some of these I think I have put in a previous post, but I got stuck trying to think about what people might find interesting! Thanks again to Mrs H, and I’m looking forward to reading other people’s “ten things”.